Sunday, July 8, 2012

Rainy days and Mondays... and Sundays


It's a very lovely Sunday night in Phnom Penh. The rain is falling and the wind is blowing quite nicely, and all I really want to do is snuggle under the covers and watch a heartwarming movie or two.

When rain pours, sometimes my loneliness echoes in the silence despite the pitter patter of raindrops on the nearby tin roof. Still, one must not wallow in misery and depression if one wishes to remain sane.

On most nights like these, I turn on my laptop and play tunes. Most of the songs I tend to radiate toward include the following songs / artists:

  • "Runaway" - The Corrs
  • "Still" - Hillsong
  • Songs by Frank Sinatra
  • Classic Jazz
  • "Trouble Sleeping" - Corinne Bailey Rae
  • Songs by Acoustic Alchemy
  • "Someone to Fall Back On" - Aly Michalka (I Can't Go On, I Will Go On)
  • "Some Nights" - Fun.
  • "Carry On" - Fun.
  • "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" - either Creedence Clearwater Revival or Casey Abrams' version
  • ... and more (I got too lazy to list everything)


If tunes don't work, I turn to movies such as You've Got Mail, Serendipity, Sweet Home Alabama, Practical Magic, and then some.

Tomorrow is Monday... duh. I don't really feel like going anywhere whenever melancholy creeps up, but I guess I have to. I keep telling myself that the main reason I am here is that I have a family to feed, and that gets me through the distance. Hehe FOCUS!

Anyway, in honor of tonight's lovely rainy evening, this is "One for My Baby..." by Frank Sinatra. There are a number of renditions of this song which was first performed by Fred Astaire. However, Frank Sinatra's version is the best for me. It feels like it digs deep in my heart and properly gets my mood across. Hehe enjoy.


4 comments:

  1. you also listen to acoustic alchemy *apir!* ^______^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *apir!* hehe I do... I find their tunes quite relaxing.. don't you agree? :D

      Delete
  2. i totally agree! =)

    ReplyDelete