Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cambodia faces problem with lethal disease


Photo taken from Raw Story

A few days ago, the world was rocked with news about a lethal disease that has broken out in Cambodia. This came just a few days after somebody informed my family about this occurrence as well.

We've been shocked by these news especially since we are living in the said country, and we do fear for our own safety and welfare.

It was a good thing, though, that the World Health Organization (WHO) was able to narrow down the suspected cause of the virus that has been killing off young children as a virulent strain of the Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Still, since there is no vaccine or cure for this disease, what we can really do is just fend it off.

I cannot say that I'm too comfortable with it because paranoia strikes every now and then. Especially since I do have dreams of going home, and what's worse is that people in my office are coughing their brains out, and they don't even know how to cover their mouths as they do so.

Can you blame me if I start spraying alcohol around the place? I kid. I kid. LOL but one can never be too sure especially regarding this sickness. 

I guess the only thing I can do now is to make sure I drink my vitamins, eat healthy food. Probably start an exercise regimen so as to maintain a healthy body. And drink drink drink water.

Do you have any other tips on how to deal with this? I'd appreciate it.

On the other hand, locals seem to think this disease is nothing. According to a friend, "it just happen[s] to babies." Is it? I could be overreacting, but I think it is a big deal.

I hope there will be no more deaths babies or adults, and I do pray that there will be some kind of miracle or solution to Cambodia's problems.

And now I go to spray more alcohol. Call me OCD or call me OCD. I am just trying to be safe.

2 comments:

  1. It is a big deal so spray all you want. Better be safe and alive. =) I also hope they find a cure for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe some people are making fun of me.. haha I don't care.. you're right, better to be safe and alive! ;) Happy WEDNESDAY!!

      Delete