Friday, July 6, 2012

Food Trip Friday: Lunch at Khmer Surin

FTFBadge

A few days ago, my family decided to dine out just for a change of scenery.

My mom brought us to Khmer Surin, a restaurant she pointed out a couple of times as we passed by but did not really hold my interest. But since she wanted to go there, the whole gang went with the idea.

I was really pleasantly surprised when I found out that the inside of Khmer Surin was more of a paradise than a mediocre restaurant I had pegged it to be. Suffice it the saying, 'Don't judge a book by its cover'. I swear the whole place took my breath away as I quickly whipped out my camera just to 'document' the experience.

As I stepped into the restaurant, I felt the comfortable vibe that it was going for. There were several native decors, a small bridge nearby, and several gorgeous dining areas. Though I really, really, really, really wanted to eat at the area where you could sit cross-legged on the ground, my mom felt it would be better if we went to the top-most area as the tables and chairs were more suitable for our group. Perhaps next time we will get a chance to sit at the area I wanted.

Below are some pictures during my experience. Sad to say, my photography prowess does not do Khmer Surin justice. Still, I hope you enjoy it.



Khmer Surin (Delicious Khmer and Thai cuisine): Traditional Cambodian setting and relaxing surroundings.



Dining areas. (Clockwise from top left) Dining area at the top; outdoors dining area in the first floor; indoor dining area at the first floor; indoor dining area at the second floor (this is where I wanted to dine at!!)




Food trip!!!


Top row

  • Crispy rice - much like Cebu's ampao but lacks the sweetness 
  • Salad
  • Fried chicken - I swear, this is the BEST chicken I have tasted in Cambodia so far.

Middle row

  • Crab soup
  • Sauce with peanuts, meat, and then some - you put it on top of the crispy rice
  • More seafood

Last row

  • Strawberry smoothie with mango and orange
  • Spring rolls
  • Raspberry smoothie


OM NOM NOM!!

I honestly hope to go back soon.

Service was okay, by the way. Although I've heard that service may lag every now and then, what we did was make our orders ahead of time so that by the time we reached Khmer Surin, we pretty much just dived in and filled our bellies.

In case you are in Phnom Penh and you have not tried dining at Khmer Surin, this is the location:  


6 comments:

  1. That is one awesome feast! Not only are the food plated well, the look of the restaurant was homey as well. I'd say it's my kind of a food place, too. :)

    Hopping here from Food Trip Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Jenn! :) It was an awesome feast.. really felt like I was about to burst at the seams at the end of the meal. Good thing I survived to blog about it! hehe

      Delete
  2. your photos are great! the first one's my fave.

    how's the strawberry smoothie with mango and orange?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat!! :)


      The strawberry smoothie with mango and orange was divine!! I swear. It was still strawberry but not the kind that makes you go *blech!*.

      Delete
  3. Those foods look so yummy! I love Thai foods:)

    Visiting for FTF- hope you can stop by..

    http://myrecipecollection.info/2012/07/garlic-mashed-potatoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrumptious indeed. My hubby loves thai food. He can't resist the green curry. http://lutoninanay.blogspot.ie/2012/07/creamed-mushrooms.html

    ReplyDelete