Tuesday, November 27, 2012

[Artsy Fartsy & Stuff]: Zen doodles, Zendalas, and Mandalas

I'm still stuck on this artsy fartsy thing. Heh.

Last night I learned something new - again.

You see, I have this obsession with mandalas ever since I saw an image of it on Pinterest. This so-called obsession has made me consider even getting a mandala tattoo, but I am not yet THAT convinced.

Anyway, my cousin is fond of making doodles that look like breathtaking pieces of art, which I have always envied. See, I am bad at doodling, and though maybe I can sketch a bit or maybe play around with pastels, doodling and caricature art has never been a strength of mine. It frustrates me and up until last night, I never really had the courage to do anything about it.

Now last night, I was browsing some mandala images on Google when I stumbled upon an image and video that showed how to make Zendalas. It is apparently a Zen doodle (Zentangle) mashed together to form a mandala, and voila! you have a zendala.

I was apprehensive at first and quite unsure, but I really, really, really wanted to try it, so try I did!
This is what I came up with:



Before


After

Basically, I started with the circle and then drew patterns over patterns, and just filled up whatever space available with more patterns. Not sure if this is the correct way to go about it, but they are correct, you do enter some kind of trance or zen state that you just relax and enjoy.

I think I shall be doing more of this in the near future. But I cannot promise you updates. Whatever my reason, I just love it!

Now I have to get ready to head home. It is pouring outside the office, but who doesn't like riding in the rain? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment