Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Road trip to Vietnam


It's already the middle of the week and I have yet to blog about my trip to Vietnam.

News about going to Vietnam came sudden on a Thursday morning when my mom announced that I was going with her to fetch my sister. Earlier, we had an agreement that she would go to the neighboring country by herself so as to save money instead of hauling the rest of us on the trip.

I guess she thought I could use the experience so she decided to bring me along. However, I think it was more of a move to help me become more familiarized with the whole process so that I could travel by myself when time comes for me to go home. Saves a lot more money, really. But it scares the shite out of me!!

Nevertheless, I went with it. I mean, who could say no? I don't exactly have a habit of saying no to my mom. So I said 'Yes' and we went when Saturday rolled along.

The road to Vietnam from Phnom Penh is definitely paved with interesting sights. I must admit that when I came to Cambodia some blah blah months ago, I was not so observant of the sights because I was wallowing in my depression. But this time around, it was different. Maybe it was more of a I MUST OBSERVE BECAUSE I WILL BE DOING THIS ALONE NEXT TIME!

It was a good thing, though because now I was able to notice nuances and some practices that I needed to remember to ensure that I would be able to survive.

Truth be told, I am scared of travelling to Vietnam by myself.

I am scared of getting lost (this coming from a girl who believes 'adventure is out there!').

I'm not scared of getting lost in Phnom Penh, but Vietnam seems more... intimidating for me. So I have my fingers crossed. I think I will do fine. I KNOW I will do just fine. I am a big girl anyway.. In every sense of the word!

So what we did was:
  • We boarded a bus at the Sapaco Terminal along Preah Sihanouk at around 1:30pm.
  • The bus left the bus stop at 2:00pm.
  • We reached Bavet around an hour or two after.
  • The bus then stopped at Ta Loeung Inn, where we had snacks, or went to the WC. 
  • We passed by Cambodia's version of Las Vegas (heehee).
  • We then reached the border and crossed it safely at around 6:30pm.
  • Then it was a long trip to Ho Chi Minh City.
  • When we reached Ho Chi Minh City, our bus got pulled over by cops. Heaven knows what the driver did wrong.
  • We waited for around 30 minutes before the bus moved again.
  • We reached the Sapaco Terminal in Ho Chi Minh City at 9:00pm.
  • We then made our way to Hong Thien Loc Hotel (Pink Blessing Hotel?), which was just nearby.
  • And then... TOUCHDOWN!!


I have separate entries for what happened afterward. Haha.. Here's a map for you to check out my route.
I shall post again later.

On a side note, I do hope I am mature enough to make this trip when the time comes for me to travel by myself. :| I am such a wuss!



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment