Sunday, November 25, 2012

[Artsy Fartsy & Stuff]: Learning new stuff

Hullo!

It's been 10 days since I last wrote something, and I promise you I shall post in a while. It's just that the keys of this damn keyboard are not so comfortable to write (or type) on that I almost always neglect writing whenever I have no other choice but to use this.

Anyway, my sister is here and she has this great talent with drawing and art that I just envy. But what I really envied was the fact that she was able to transfer her work from paper to digital version. This is something I really wanted to do for a while now. So when I had free time yesterday, I started learning new stuff that I could do with my sketches.

My sister uses Photoshop to do her art, but since I have a pathetic excuse of a computer, I settled with GIMP which is lighter. It is a bigger challenge, but I think I managed.

If you remember a few weeks ago, I posted a rough sketch here.

I used that as my first guinea pig to experiment on with the paper to digital art thingamajig.

This is what I ended up with:


I know... I know... It's not THAT good. I honestly think I can do better.

But in fairness... well.. I think it's a start! :)

Maybe I can create another one today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment