Saturday, January 5, 2013

Up at 4 in the morning


Hello, world!

I am alive. Just so you know.

I've been up since 4 in the morning because troubled minds are restless. Well, my mind is not exactly troubled that much, just sad.

I have not posted anything in December because I went home to celebrate Christmas and New Year with my family and friends. It was exhilarating and quite festive despite meager fanfare and finances were not abundant. Like most Filipinos, we made do with what we had. We had a great time, and that was that.
Happy New Year by the way!

How was your New Year's celebration? Mine was fine, too. We did not have firecrackers though. We had somebody fashion a cannon out of cans (canyon lata), duct tape, some flammable liquid, and parts of a lighter. It is a safer alternative than using firecrackers, and packs a mean punch, too! All for 300 pesos. NOTE: Makers should do it correctly otherwise it would still be hazardous to your health.

Aside from welcoming the New Year without firecrackers, we did something different this year as well. We also welcomed 2013 with some backyard dancing, where young and old just let loose to various tunes under the pale moonlight. Some of the tunes played were Apache Indian's Boom Shak-a-lak, Psy's Gangnam Style, and other dance-able tunes. It was quite a sight, actually. Especially when the manly men imitated the Budots Dance as best as they can.

We were also able to celebrate the New Year by heading over to the nearest beach at the end of January 1. It was also known as my last day of happiness back at home as I had to board a plane back to Cambodia by January 2.

Happy times, sad times.

And now, I am back.

How goes it?

No comments:

Post a Comment