Sunday, September 9, 2012

DQ (Dairy Queen) mode


Some days I am content to just eat my packed lunch and wait for the rest of my lunch break to pass by. I eat like the wind, you see, and even when I try to eat slowly, time does crawl by when you are eating alone.

Last Friday, I had this intense craving for ice cream, so I asked one of my Khmer colleagues if she would like to step out onto the blistering heat and enjoy ice cream as well. My friend was feeling rather low as well, and incidentally had a craving for pints, nay gallons, of ice cream and so she agreed.

I suggested that we head over to the Dairy Queen shop along Riverside, which was recently opened, and although she was hesitant at first, I managed to get her to try something new.

After some adventure with myself attempting to drive a scooter, we reached Dairy Queen shop and stepped into the cool shop. The selections were not much, but it was enough. I was curious enough about the Blizzard ice cream, so I ordered the Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard. My friend, on the other hand got something else with bananas and apples. Unfortunately, I was too excited about my ice cream to care what she had. We even had a small Oreo Blizzard cup for free!





Dairy Queen has this test with Blizzard that before it is served, it is held upside down and the ice cream should not fall off. If it does, I think you get ice cream for free.

So the dude giving us our ice cream upturned our Blizzards and I was amazed at how the ice cream did not fall off!!

Kewl.

Overall, I had a blast that day. It satisfied my hankering, cooled off my friend's depression, and we had a cool lunch break.

I hope to return to DQ again sometime. When the time is right. ;)

**The Dairy Queen ice cream shop is located along Riverside (Preah Sisowath Quay) next to Pizza Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment