Wednesday, September 5, 2012

CyberSpud: Revolution - Pilot Review


So, I chanced upon the pilot episode of Revolution - TV series (see previous post) and was able to watch just a few hours ago.


Review:

No spoilers, okay. 

I found the pilot of Revolution very interesting. It peaked my interest to see how humans survive when there is no power, no technology, and people are forced back to basics. Not before technology, but AFTER life right now where almost everything relies heavily on technology.

I still think Eric Kripke is a genius. He is creative, and his ideas, pacing, etc are good. Color me biased or whatever because of my undying love for Supernatural and its creator. But that is how it is.

One thing I noticed with Revolution is that it also carries the same theme as with Supernatural, where family is the core of the series. And the attention to detail and I also think Revolution is well researched the same way as Supernatural.

It's also awesome how most of the fighting is through hand to hand combat, and guns are available but somewhat treated as valuables. Like I said... INTERESTING.

The pilot is set to hit TV screens on September 17, but NBC decided to show it ahead... or something.

I am definitely adding Revolution to my must-watch list.

** In case you were wondering... Yes, I do have a weakness for dystopian, supernatural, mythological themes.

1 comment:

  1. Rhea and I are looking forward to follow the show as well. Torrent time! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete