Friday, June 15, 2012

Sunsets and Silhouette Dreams


Sunsets are things of beauty.

Don't you agree?

Yesterday boasted a particularly gorgeous sunset that Phnom Penh enjoyed after a couple of weeks of gloomy days and frequent rainfall. I was just so pleased with what I witnessed that I rode my motorcycle home immediately and grabbed my camera before lumbering up to the rooftop with hopes to at least catch the final rays of the glorious sunset. I was not disappointed.



John Lubbock once said, "Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven." I am inclined to agree.

After long hours of work, I must admit that I look forward to the ride home; when I get the chance to glance at the sky and just feel lighter than air.  If I'm lucky enough, I'd get a chance to catch sunsets like yesterday.

I read this article somewhere that people these days do not bother to look up and enjoy the scenery in their hurry to get their days done and over with. I think it is a shame especially since there is just so much that we can enjoy wherever we are.

Hey, if you are one of those people, do try to enjoy a slow sunset at least one of these days. I promise you it is worth it. ;)

4 comments:

  1. true...i seldom hear people around me say how beautiful the sunset, or the full moon. they seem to take it for granted. i'm glad you took the time to enjoy this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by! :) Indeed these are rare sights that we should never take for granted. Am I right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great shot. I love the layers of clouds and the way they're lit by the intense sunlight. Lovely work, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I've been meaning to take more photos lately.. I think you've just inspired to me to have at it. :D

      Delete