Monday, June 18, 2012

Breathtaking sights at Kbal Chhay waterfalls


Last month, I finally had a chance to step out of Phnom Penh and check out nearby wonders after months of roaming the same streets in the city.

My family and I hit the road on a rented van and made our way Sihanoukville where we spent the day enjoying the nice beach. It took us 3 hours or so getting from Phnom Penh to the beach, we spent a few hours getting sunburned before we started our trip back home. While on our way back, we passed by Kbal Chhay waterfalls, which was a beautiful sight to behold!

I must admit, the Kbal Chhay falls was the first waterfalls that I had seen - EVER.




The path we followed as we got around the waterfalls was a bit on the steep and adventure-laid side, but we survived. Whoohoo! We managed to get onto the part of Kbal Chhay falls that was not so dangerous and even showered a bit.

It was definitely a wonderful experience to enjoy. Sitting under water of the falls and feeling the rush of the spray instantly took the stress away from me and my companions. Good thing the place we chose was 'tourist friendly' so we were able to enjoy ourselves - and of course take pictures.

I took the time to let Mother Nature wash out bad vibes and recharge my soul. Heh. 

Well, after a day at the beach, followed by a fresh waterfall shower, who wouldn't be tired senseless? Suffice it to say that I hardly felt time pass by as we spent another 3 hours going back to Phnom Penh. We got home by night fall and most of us crashed and burned without even thinking of food.

For those who do not know where Kbal Chhay falls is, below is a map I lifted off Google Maps. Hope it helps!



As for the Sihanoukville part of the trip, that is a story befitting another post.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment