Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Eyes glazed over


I think that I've actually gotten better at noticing when I am 'tuned in' and when I have 'tuned out'.

Lately it seems that I can now identify when my brain is still functioning, and when I have gone down into the deepest recesses of my brain. It's like I am aware that my eyes have glazed over, but there is nothing I am willing to do to stop it. So I let it freeze into a thin sheet of caramel just looking or staring without really seeing. 

At first I thought it was boredom. It does not do children such as myself to be bored so early in the afternoon, but I let it be.

But what I really think is that this is some kind of exhaustion mixed with a dash of depression and unhappiness. I do not, however, wallow in this feeling, but I cannot help it. I thought about stopping it, like finding a solution for this feeling- especially since I hate the feeling of eyes glazed over.

I've also thought about standing up and fixing myself a cup of coffee. I could do that, you know, but I simply choose not to. Well, not right now. 

Perhaps a sadistic part of me revels at the feeling of having glazed eyes and then pulling back to be sure that I do not permanently slip into such abyss.

Perhaps.

There should be concrete reasons why I am feeling this way, but I can only safely blame this on a lack of caffeine since this morning.

Have you had coffee yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment