Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Starting Over: Chapter 4123412...


How often is one allowed to start over? I think the number of times a person is allowed to start over is limitless. We start over for a number of reasons, and as the page of the calendar turns from one year to another, we tend to decide how we want to start over - again.

Sometimes it is because of health reasons, and sometimes it is because of economic concerns. We declare so boldly that THIS will be our year, yet half-way through it, we forget about what we set out to do.

However, nobody really said it had to be goals set. Starting over can be just that. Starting over. You can go goal-less if you want, nobody would care, really. Some would be curious as to how you would fare, but if you show promise, then their interest often wanes.

This year, I want to start over and write again. I haven't really written anything last year. It was all just pretend. Sure, my exploits in Phnom Penh can be called writing, but I think those border on routine posts that do not exactly have soul. I left my soul in my old blog, Unreal but not untrue. Unfortunately I cannot access that blog anymore, so I guess all drama and writing exercises will be here. 

Nobody said we could start over just once a year. In fact, I might start all over again tomorrow! Any of my friends would agree that I definitely have a habit of starting over. Is that a bad thing? I think it is, but at least I also have hope that if I tried real hard and it still does not work, I shall climb a thousand windows until I get there.

Cheers.

Photo credits: Allgroanup

No comments:

Post a Comment