Friday, October 5, 2012

!Silenced.


I've kept mum as of the past couple of days because of several things.

I do not know how to start things anymore, and I know not how the flow of information comes and goes in my mind.

But if anything the past couple of days has taught me is that our freedom of speech is integral and a gift that nobody should take away from us.

Recently, the Philippines' lawmakers passed a bill that is so full of loopholes that when worse comes to worse, even saying 'hehehe' on any social media site or even blogging can be reasons enough to land yourself in jail. It is a terrifying thought, especially for somebody with a motor mouth or somebody who spews ideas about everything and anything - like me.

And yet this idea prompts me to speak out instead.

It angers me that certain people wish to silence those who have opinions. It angers me that there is that law that makes people think twice about expressing.. or maybe just stop expressing at all. On top of that... some supposedly honorable Senator made it possible because he cannot take criticisms. 

May we never be silenced.

Image from BakitWhy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment