Wednesday, April 10, 2013

[Vietnam] Hong Thien Loc Hotel


This is a late post. Why? Because I am lazy, and that is all there is to it. LOL

I am writing about it now, because I may be headed over to Vietnam over the weekend just for one night, and it would definitely be a shame if I did not write about the other experience and then I started writing about what is about to happen.

So basically, I already blogged about the trip to Vietnam in November. And the post ended when we reached the Hong Thien Loc Hotel (Pink Blessing Hotel).



As with most hotels that I've noticed in Vietnam, you have to climb up some pretty steep stairs just to get to the lobby, which was fine by the way.


The hotel is ideally located along Pham Ngu Lao, and around a block away from the Sapaco parking area. So, it was fine. We rested, and ate out, but of course, I had to take pictures first.

The problem with Hong Thien Loc is that when you come from the airport at around 12:00 a.m., you may have some trouble locating the hotel because the LED lights are being turned off. Pham Ngu Lao tends to be a bit dark, except for some upbeat shops.

When we first got to the hotel, we were given this room that was spacious enough. There were amenities that were provided, and the beds and bathroom were clean.



Unfortunately, we had to transfer to another room because the aircon was not working. Well, it was ON, but it wasn't making the room cold. So that sucked. Luckily, we were not able to make a mess out of the room yet, so the kind lady at the front desk transferred us to a smaller room that had an aircon that was working fine.

What I liked about the hotel was the view from the top. See, most of the hotels in Vietnam I've stayed in are narrow and tall. Like tall people! Scrunched up together, or something. I also liked the breakfast buffet. It was a mix of food that I recognize and food that I did not recognize. LOL



I haven't been back to Hong Thien Loc since that time my mom and I went. Maybe we will go back this weekend, but I do hope we try another hotel.

The hotel I DID stay at when I traveled all by myself will be blogged about next time.

Cheers!

~~~~
Hong Thien Loc Hotel
287-289 Pham Ngu Lao St., District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
email: info[at]hongthienlochotel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment